Progressive is defined as an inclination to advance forward, improve, and evolve – to innovate.
In practicing progressively over the past eighteen years,
we have listened to our patients and learned
what they need most to get the best results.
- Patient-focused Care:
Patients need and deserve customized care.A one-size-fits-all model of care is outdated, inappropriate and ineffective. Whether you are suffering from back pain, an acute sports injury, or a chronic disease, we will create an individualized treatment plan which is customized to suit your specific needs, lifestyle, and goals in order to solve your specific health problem.
- Comprehensive Care: Patients should be able to choose from a wide variety of treatment options.
More than just another Chicago back pain clinic, our practice offers a unique blend of spine & sports medicine for optimal performance and pain relief, as well as a variety of natural therapies to promote optimal health and wellness. We offer truly comprehensive natural health care so that we are better able to treat patients with a wide range of even the most stubborn, chronic, and complicated health problems. Because of our success with these patients, we receive numerous referrals from other Chicago chiropractors, medical doctors, and other health care professionals.
As chiropractors, of course we see excellent results in the treatment of patients with back pain, neck pain and headaches. But because of our additional training in physical therapy techniques and sports medicine, we also treat patients with a wide variety of sports injuries and other musculoskeletal conditions including pain and injuries involving the ankle, knee, hip, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand. And because we also offer homeopathy & natural medicine as well as acupuncture, we are also able to provide effective treatment to patients suffering from many other conditions including: disc problems & sciatica, chronic pain, allergies & asthma, arthritis, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, GI complaints, skin conditions, elevated cholesterol, high blood pressure, infertility, pediatric & women’s health issues, and much more.
We will discuss which therapy or combination of therapies is right for you, so that you can make an informed decision about your treatment options, which may include: chiropractic adjustments, webster technique, homeopathy & natural medicine, physical therapy techniques & sports medicine, acupuncture, cold laser therapy, massage therapy, and other myofascial release therapies including graston and ART (active release technique). Learn more about our services.
- Treating the cause:Effective treatment should be holistic and solve the underlying cause of the problem.
In order to achieve true long-lasting cure, we must identify and solve the root causes of your problem, and not merely suppress your symptoms. Illness does not occur without cause. Symptoms are expressions of your body’s attempt to heal, but are not the cause of disease. Health problems tend to be caused by a combination of factors including: physical injury, ergonomics, biomechanical & structural problems, muscle imbalance & instability, dietary choices & nutritional status, genetic predisposition, mental & emotional stress, and a wide variety of other environmental & lifestyle factors. As physicians, we must first investigate the fundamental causes of disease, and then direct treatment at these root causes rather than at the symptoms. So we treat you as a whole person – not merely your symptoms or disease. This is a holistic concept that recognizes your body as an integrated whole.
- Practical Self-treatment Advice: Patients should be taught techniques to become self-reliant and prevent future problems.
We believe that if we educate you about your condition and teach you effective self-treatment techniques, you will recover faster and prevent future relapse or re-injury. We strive to encourage and motivate you to assume responsibility for your own health. This is why we have created and continue to update our Patient Resource Library, which provides useful advice regarding prevention, self-treatment, home exercises, nutritional recommendations, and health-promoting recipes. Once armed with this knowledge, we hope that you will be empowered to take control of your health, and not become over-dependent on the doctor. While some of our patients with chronic, recurring conditions choose to receive ongoing care, most of our patients recover within several weeks or months, with no need for further treatment.
- First Do No Harm: The most gentle, safe, and least-invasive treatment option should always be considered first.
Once we arrive at an accurate diagnosis, we will explain all of your various treatment options. These may include natural options (chiropractic, homeopathy & natural medicine, physical therapy services, acupuncture, massage, cold laser & low level light therapy, etc.) as well as conventional medical approaches such as drugs or surgery. At our Chicago wellness center, we utilize methods and natural medicinal substances which address the root cause of your problem and minimize the risk of harmful side effects. We believe that if a safer alternative without side effects is a viable option, then it should be considered first. If, on the other hand, your condition is beyond the scope of our practice, or if you prefer an integrated approach utilizing both natural and conventional medical treatment, then we will be happy to refer you to and/or co-manage your condition with the appropriate medical specialist or other health care provider.
- Before We Speak, We Listen: We take the time to provide compassionate, empathetic, respectful, and non-judgmental care.
We have created a comprehensive natural health care practice that we would want to visit ourselves. We treat our patients the way we would want to be treated if we were the patient. We take the extra time needed to truly listen to our patients, so you will have all the time you need to explain your problem in detail, and have all of your questions answered and concerns or fears addressed. You will never be rushed. This helps us to arrive at a more accurate diagnosis, and formulate an individualized treatment plan to address your specific needs and solve your unique health problem.
Other reasons why patients choose us:
- We Work Closely With Other Doctors and Specialists So You Receive Complete Care.If your condition is beyond the scope of our practice, or if you prefer an integrated approach utilizing both natural and conventional medical treatment, then we will be happy to refer you to and/or co-manage your condition with the appropriate medical specialist or other health care provider. We are used to working closely with medical doctors including a wide variety of specialists, and have a well-established professional referral network, throughout the city of Chicago and beyond.
- We Provide Great Customer Service.You will receive friendly, professional, efficient, and personalized service. When you call during business hours, you will be greeted by a real person (either Chivette Mitchell, our office manager, or Meadow Smith, our chiropractic assistant) who is ready to help you with all of your scheduling and billing questions.
- We Do Not Use Any High-pressure “Sales” TacticsWe believe in educating you about your condition and your treatment options, so that you can make an informed decision about the type and frequency of care that you receive. We do not believe in pressuring our patients to receive excessive treatment or selling pre-paid plans of care that may not be necessary. All of our treatment plans are individualized to meet your specific needs. We only recommend tests and procedures that we believe are medically necessary, evidence-based, and in your best interest.
- You Won’t Need To Keep Coming To Us “Forever”Several factors are considered when formulating your treatment plan, including: the nature and severity of condition, when your initial symptoms first began, your diet & lifestyle, and your level of stress. Every case is different, but most patients begin to respond favorably within the initial week or two of care. We make every attempt to solve your health problem once and for all. And because we emphasize patient education, you will become as self-reliant as possible. Some of our patients with chronic, recurring conditions choose to receive ongoing care, and some will choose to receive periodic “tune-ups” and follow-up visits, most of our patients recover within several weeks or months, with no need for further treatment.
- We Accept and Bill Your Insurance For You. We are in network with many PPO and HMO plans. Even if we are out of network with your particular plan, we can still bill your insurance company on your behalf, and await payment from them. Our Office manager, Chivette Mitchell, has run our in-house billing department since 1998. She will verify your benefits before your first visit, so that you will know in advance exactly what your share of each visit will cost. If you have a high deductible plan or do not have insurance that covers our services, she will be happy to discuss how we can make our care affordable for you.
- You Will Not Be Kept Waiting To See the Doctor. We respect our patients’ schedules and do not double-book appointments. As strange as it sounds for a doctor’s office, we almost always run exactly on time. Of course emergencies do arise, but it is highly unusual for you to ever wait for more than 5-10 minutes.
- You Will Not Be Subjected To Any Unnecessary X-Rays, Tests, or Procedures.All of our treatment plans are individualized to meet your specific needs. We only recommend tests and procedures that are necessary and evidence-based. We do not routinely order X-rays on every patient. We will order any additional diagnostic studies (lab tests, X-rays, MRI, CT scan, etc.) from the best facilities in Chicago, when appropriate.
- Your Phone Calls and Emails Will Be Responded To Promptly.Most phone calls and emails to the doctors and our staff are returned within a few hours, and always within 24 hours. We encourage you to ask the doctor anytime you have a question or concern.
- We Offer A Free Initial Consultation This no-obligation free consultation gives you the opportunity to meet with the doctor before deciding to schedule your first visit. During this twenty-minute consultation, all of your questions will be answered. The doctor will also discuss your options for further diagnosis and treatment, which may include treatment at our office and/or referral to another healthcare provider. The consultation may be scheduled in the office or over the telephone, and does not include examination or treatment. These would only be performed if you decide to schedule your first visit.
- We Offer Gentle “Low Force” Adjustments.Although most patients receive traditional manual (“hands-on”) adjustments (spinal manipulation), we also offer “low force” adjustments, preformed with a highly advanced instrument. Some patients are familiar with these instrument adjustment techniques, which are often referred to as “activator”, “pro-adjustor”, or “impulse adjusting”. These low-force adjustments are extremely gentle and precise. Experience has shown us that instrument adjusting can be especially effective when used in combination with manual adjusting. In other instances, instrument adjusting may be used as an alternative to manual adjusting. As with all of our treatment options, the doctor will be happy to discuss with you which adjusting techniques would be best for your particular condition.
At Progressive Chiropractic Wellness Center, we are firmly committed to practicing progressively in a manner consistent with the principles discussed above. Through continuing education & research and by implementing evidence-based practices and cutting-edge techniques, we constantly strive to improve our patients’ outcomes and ultimately provide you with the fastest relief and longest-lasting results.
We welcome you to discover all that we have to offer to help you eliminate your pain, improve your physical performance, and restore your optimal physical, mental, and emotional health – in short, to bring about total wellness.
We look forward to partnering with you to help you reach all of your health & wellness goals.
Contact us if you have any questions or would like to schedule an appointment.