What Is Homeopathy and How Does It Work?
Whether used in conjunction with conventional medicine, or as a natural alternative, homeopathy is often the treatment of choice to recover one’s health most safely, efficiently, completely, and permanently. Dr. Ezgur has seen excellent results, and often cure, in the homeopathic treatment of patients with a wide variety of health problems including but not limited to: chronic pain, infections, allergies and asthma, skin conditions, arthritis, headaches, disc herniations, sciatica, back pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, infertility & women’s health issues, anxiety, depression, and a wide range of gastointenstinal (GI) problems. It is becoming increasingly popular as more people are discovering homeopathy’s far-reaching effects, and looking for true alternatives to conventional medicine. Homeopathic remedies are natural, completely non-toxic, free of harmful side effects, and safe even for infants and pregnant women. Homeopathic medicine works by triggering a reaction of the body to heal itself. It optimizes the body’s ability to heal, so that a complete cure is often achieved (even in the most serious acute and chronic diseases) and further treatment becomes no longer necessary. Because of its great success, homeopathy is gaining increased popularity in Chicago and other major cities throughout the world.
Benefits of Homeopathy:
- Homeopathic remedies are natural, completely non-toxic, free of harmful side effects, and safe even for infants and pregnant women.
- Unlike some herbal medicines and vitamin supplements, there are no harmful interactions between prescription drugs or over-the-counter medications and homeopathic remedies.
- Homeopathy has been scientifically proven by numerous research studies to be an effective treatment for patients suffering from a wide range of even the most painful, stubborn, chronic, and complicated health problems.
- Homeopathy often works even when conventional medical treatments or other alternative treatments fail.
- Homeopathy is a great choice when conventional medical treatments are contraindicated because of harmful or painful side-effects, pregnancy, or other health conditions.
- Homeopathic treatments are easy to follow and inexpensive. Rather than using many different (and often expensive) medications, vitamins or herbs, homeopaths typically prescribe only one single carefully chosen homeopathic remedy to address all of the patient’s symptoms.
- Rather than suppressing symptoms, homeopathy works by triggering the healing mechanisms of the body. Because the body is actually healing itself and bringing its chemistry and physiology back into balance, true cure is often achieved without the need for continued treatment. The total health of the individual is fully restored, and the remedy and/or other medications are often no longer needed.
- Once the body’s healing forces are called to action and the body heals itself, one’s susceptibility to future disease tends to decrease over time. In other words, the cured condition tends to not come back again in the future. One tends to be much more resistant to future reoccurrences of their cured conditions as well as increased resistance to future colds, flu, and other infections.
What homeopathy is, and how it works is a rather detailed topic. For more information, we recommend reading the entire document: “Homeopathy: What It Is and How It Works”
Chicago Homeopathy Study Group with Dr. Richard Ezgur
From 2009 – 2010, Dr. Ezgur offered this class to the public, at our office in Chicago, so that they would have a deeper understanding of what homeopathy is, how it works, and how it can be used to treat a variety of conditions.