COLD & FLU NATURAL TREATMENT & PREVETION PROTOCOL
By implementing the following protocol, you can expect results ranging from significantly shortening the duration and intensity of symptoms, to completely eliminating all symptoms within several hours. The key to successful treatment is early intervention. This means that you should take action as soon as you are experiencing even the slightest early symptoms.
HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES can be used both for prevention and treatment for colds and flu. There are 5 remedies commonly used for cold & flu treatment & prevention that Dr. Ezgur recommends. Ranked in order of importance, they are: Influenzinum, Oscillococcinum (Oscillo), Engystol, Mucococcinum, and Baccilinum. Because these natural remedies have been so highly diluted, they are non-toxic, will not interact with any other medications, and completely safe for all individuals, including pregnant women, infants, and children. Whether used as an alternative to the “flu shot", or in conjunction with it, these remedies work very well to boost the body’s natural immune system defenses and help to prevent colds and flus. However, if you actually become ill with cold or flu-like symptoms, you should schedule a 30-40 minute homeopathy appointment with Dr. Ezgur, as soon as possible for optimal results. During this appointment, a more specific homeopathic remedy will be prescribed. This is usually the most effective way to decrease your symptoms and rapidly accelerate full recovery, even if you have developed a secondary infection, like bronchitis or pneumonia. If you prefer not to choose homeopathic treatment, then the supplements 2-6 described below can also be quite effective in shortening the duration and intensity of colds and flu’s.
Note: These remedies work in the same way that all homeopathic remedies do. They trigger a healing reaction of the body, which makes it less susceptible to disease (the flu, in this case). It works similar in theory to the conventional flu shot. But because it is prepared as a homeopathic remedy, it is much more diluted, and therefore much safer than the flu shot, with no side effects. Influenzinum and these other remedies will not cause you to get the flu or flu-like symptoms, as is common with the flu shot. It safe and effective in patients of all ages, so you can share it with your friends and family. To prevent colds & flu, it is also recommended that you follow conventional medical advice including frequent washing of hands and avoiding touching your face and eyes with unwashed hands.
ACUTE ILLNESS: Schedule a 30-40 minute homeopathy appointment with Dr. Ezgur, ASAP, for optimal results. A less effective strategy, but still very effective, is to take any of the 5 remedies listed above, once each day. If taking more than one remedy, it is best to wait at least one hour between taking each different remedy. Dosage for all remedies except Oscillo is just 1 pellet, dissolved under the tongue. For Oscillo, take 5-10 pellets, or a sip of the medicated water, as instructed on the package.
PREVENTION: It is highly recommended to take the homeopathic remedy Influenzinum once per month, throughout the cold & flu season. Depending on how susceptible you are to catching colds & flu, you may choose additional protection by also taking Oscillo or even all of the 5 remedies listed above each month. If taking more than one remedy on a monthly basis, it is best to take each different remedy several days apart from each other (or during a different week), throughout the cold/flu season (September – April). For example, if you are taking just Influenzinum, then just take it once per month. If you are taking Influenzinum and Oscillo, then take one remedy at the beginning of the month, and take the other several days later, or the following week. Then repeat this cycle each month. The dosage for all remedies except Oscillo is just 1 pellet, dissolved under the tongue, once per month. For Oscillo, take 5-10 pellets, or a sip of the medicated water, as instructed on the package.
SYSTEM WELL ULTIMATE IMMUNITY is the most comprehensive immune-boosting herbal supplement available. It contains echinacea, Vitamin C, and many other herbs that are highly effective in stimulating the immune system. Do not use echinacea for more than 3 days if you are immune compromised, HIV+, or have auto-immune disease.
ACUTE ILLNESS: 3 pills, 3 times per day, either with food or on an empty stomach.
PREVENTION: 2 pills, 2 times per day, for a few days anytime you think that you may have been exposed. You can also take it for 2 weeks on, and then 2 weeks off, throughout the cold/flu season.
BETA CAROTENE is extremely effective in helping your body fight off any viral infection.
ACUTE ILLNESS: 50,000 I.U., taken 2 times per day, with food or juice.
ACUTE ILLNESS: 2,000 – 10, 000 mg. per day, in divided doses, taken with food every few hours. (The amount you should take should be just under your natural “threshold" for vitamin C, which varies with each individual. You know you’ve reached your threshold if you begin to experience loose stool or diarrhea. If this occurs, back off 500 mg. at a time. Your threshold for vitamin C tends to increase when you are ill due to a temporary proliferation of cells called receptors which aid in its absorption).
PREVENTION: 1 pills, 1 time per day, OR just take SYSTEM WELL (which contains vitamin C) throughout the cold/flu season.
HOMEOPATHIC ZINC NASAL GEL has been confirmed by scientific literature to decrease the duration and intensity of the symptoms of the common cold. Based on the active ingredient in Zicam (zinc gluconate 4x), this new formulation comes in an aloe vera base, making it safe, soothing, and comfortable to use
ACUTE ILLNESS: Use a cotton swab to apply a small dab of the gel to the inside of both nostrils. The gel should be applied to the very outer opening, only about ¼ inch in. Do not insert the cotton swab any further than that. Once the gel is in, gently massage the nostrils for a few seconds, and wait at least 1 minute before blowing the nose to remove the excess gel. Apply the gel 3 times per day.
LAURICIDIN contains lauric acid, which is a fatty acid shown to interfere with the production of virus, bacteria, & other microbes, by weakening their envelopes & cell membranes.
ACUTE ILLNESS: Swallow (don’t chew) 1 scoop, 3 times per day, until symptoms are gone. May be taken either with or without food.
PREVENTION: Swallow (don’t chew) 1 scoop per day throughout the cold/flu season.
OTHER HELPFUL SUGGESTIONS:
- COME IN FOR TREATMENT! Spinal manipulation (chiropractic adjustment) & acupuncture have both been shown through research studies to stimulate immune system activity, and relieve chest & sinus congestion & pressure.
- WATER intake is critical, at least 12 glasses per day.
- JUICES are a form of sugar, which inhibits the immune system. All sugar-containing products, including juice, should be used sparingly.
- SLEEP & REST are crucial. Try to sleep without an alarm clock and let your body get as much of it as it needs. When awake, rest as much as possible, and avoid any moderate or strenuous exercise until you’re feeling all better.
- NETI POT is very useful for sinus infections, runny nose, and congestion to speed recovery, decrease symptoms, and prevent & treat bacterial infection. Use with water treatment packets provided, as directed, 3 times per day, for sinus symptoms.
- MUCAPLEX is a natural cough expectorant & suppressant. It contains guaifenesin, mullein leaf, marshmallow root, fenugreek, and other natural ingredients to clear bronchial airways and loosen phlegm. Dosage: 2 tablets, 3 times per day. Best on empty stomach.
- Tilt your head to the side and apply a few drops of HYDROGEN PEROXIDE into 1 ear, making sure it enters the outer ear canal. You will feel a bubbling sensation – this is normal. Wait a few minutes until the sensation subsides, and then apply a few drops to the other ear. This is an old home remedy that works remarkably well to reduce the duration and severity of the common cold.
- At the first onset of your cold symptoms, skip the next 2 meals, and begin drinking 1 glass of water every 10 minutes for then next hour. If you don’t have much of an appetite, then don’t eat. If you do become very hungry and feel a strong desire for food, try to eat sparingly. The best foods during the acute phase of a cold are those that are easy to digest and anti-inflammatory, so fresh vegetable juice is best. Fruits, vegetables, nuts and seeds are also good options and fatty meats and dairy should be avoided or used sparingly.
- Unless your temperature is over 102, your body will fight off the infection faster if you raise your body temperature. You can do this by taking a very hot bath while placing an ice pack on your head. Soak for 10-20 minutes, and repeat several times each day, until feeling better.
Vitamin, Mineral, and Herbal Discount Policy
- 10% off of all vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements, when you purchase any product for the first time.
- 20% off all vitamins, minerals, and herbal supplements, when you purchase 2 or more of the same product.
We Take An Individualized Holistic Approach!
*Terms & Conditions Apply